Contractual Arrangement: Individual service contractor
Contract duration: 6 Months
Job Posting: Aug 3, 2018, 1:13:49 PM
Closing Date: Aug 17, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Primary Location: Nigeria-Bauchi
Other Locations: Nigeria-Port Harcourt, Nigeria-Minna, Nigeria-Lagos, Nigeria-Kano, Nigeria-Enugu
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To provide information and communication technology support to WHO at the Zonal Offices in Nigeria.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the direct supervision of the WHO ICT focal point and the overall supervision of the Operations Officer (OO), the incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. Stand as the first line of ICT support to all WHO states within their assigned zones.
2. Maintain and troubleshoot Local Area Network related issues for voice, data & Power
3. Maintain and troubleshoot internet connectivity/Email challenges
4. Maintain and troubleshoot Desktops and Laptops hardware related problems
5. Maintain and troubleshoot all computer software related problems
6. Maintain and troubleshoot all users accounts for accessibility, password recovery and ERP log on
7. Assist with deployment of ICT infrastructure within their zone
8. Diagnose and determine all printers, Scanners and Photocopier related problems
9. Diagnose and monitor performance of all UPS, Inverters and Stabilizers
10. Support meetings, trainings and Seminars with all ICT related requirements
11. Generate periodic reports of the status of all ICT related issues within their zone
12. Engage in regular ICT capacity development and training for all staff within their zone
13. Support and monitor all ICT disaster recovery initiatives as it relates to states in their zones
14. Identify ICT requirement gaps within the zones and Provide adequate assessment reports.
15. Execute detailed requirement gathering for infrastructure deployment and projects in the zones
Education Essential: Completion of secondary education, supplemented with training in Information and Telecommunication Technology from a recognized institution.
Desirable: University degree or its equivalent in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical, Mechanical, Electronics Engineering, Statistics, Physics or other related courses from a recognized institution.
Essential: Two years working experience in ICT related fields in a reputable company or international organisation.
Desirable: Working knowledge in ICT related fields, with demonstrable hands-on technical skills in relevant areas with certification(s) especially in Microsoft AD, Cisco networking/security/collaboration, CompTIA A+ and VSphere/Hyper-V etc.
Use of language skills
Essential: Excellent knowledge of English Competencies
– Moving forward in a changing environment
– Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
Note: – Interested applicants to indicate preferred location on the Cover Letter.
This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
A written test may be used as a form of screening.
In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.